Christa Huntley, Associate Counsellor
Christa is accepting new clients.
Client sessions with Christa are online and in person in New Westminster
Tuesday: 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Thursday: 5:30pm – 9:30pm
Sessions Types: Individuals, Couples, Teens 16yrs+
Christa Huntley (she/her) is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC#2885) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT). Christa holds a diploma in Transpersonal Therapeutic Counselling from Clearmind International Institute.
I believe that in each of our struggles, there are opportunities to discover new and deeper layers of ourselves. We all have unique experiences that shape who we are, and our mistakes do not define us.
At our core, each of us is inherently worthy of love and acceptance. I am here to walk alongside my clients exactly where they are at on their unique path, and create an environment of warmth and safety with an open, compassionate heart. I am here to help clients find balance and thrive as their authentic self, in the midst of life’s challenges.
Treatment Philosophy and Approach to Counselling
The foundation of my approach comes from a Transpersonal Therapeutic perspective. which considers that we are more than the sum of our life experiences. The foundation of my training includes Family Systems Theory, Person-Centered and Gestalt therapeutic approaches. In sessions, I may ask questions about your overall health, wellbeing and family history, in order to bring context to your current struggles. During sessions you may experience strong emotions or uncomfortable feelings. All feelings are welcome, and I will adapt my approach to meet your individual needs.
Education & Certifications
- Registered Therapeutic Counsellor with ACCT (#2885) – 2021
- Trauma-Informed Practice – Level 2 Certificate, Alyson Quinn, Trauma Informed Practice Institute – 2021
- Trauma-Informed Practice – Level 1 Certificate, Alyson Quinn, Trauma Informed Practice Institute – 2021
- Transpersonal Therapeutic Counsellor Training Program, Clearmind International – 2018-2021
- Leaders Who Inspire Development Program, Coast Capital Savings Corporate Learning – 2017