Connie Pickett, Associate Counsellor
Connie is accepting new clients.
Sessions with Connie are in person in Vancouver
Thursday: 2:00pm – 9:00pm
Sessions Types: Individuals, Couples, Teens 12yrs+
Connie Pickett (she/her) is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC #3033) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT), a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional and a certified Life Coach.
As a trauma-informed counsellor she works collaboratively with clients using a holistic approach – taking into consideration not only your emotional health but how it impacts your physical and mental well-being, too.
Connie knows first-hand that reaching out for support isn’t easy. With a warm, compassionate and intuitive style, she allows clients to be fully seen, heard and supported with tools and strategies to continue the work outside of sessions.
Before becoming a professional counsellor, she’s walked a lot of paths. From experiencing loss/grief – losing loved ones at a young age, experiencing divorce, and coping with a parent with addiction. Then changing careers (several times) and becoming a busy mom of 3 and being faced with a cancer diagnosis – not once, but twice. She really does know how stressful, mentally and physically overwhelming it all can be.
That’s why she moved into the helping profession. She understands how life transitions can be very lonely (even when you’re surrounded by the ones you love). “I believe no one should have to navigate through life’s challenges alone. Through non-judgemental conversation I’ll help promote positive shifts and experiences for you.”
Connie works with youth and adults focusing on grief, loss, anxiety, and stress (including PTSD) which may be a result from a medical diagnosis like cancer, from unexpected life transitions such as divorce or early childhood experiences. Using a values-based, person-centered approach she helps clients understand how their past attachments & beliefs influence them today. She believes there’s not a one-size fits all counselling, so she may use several parts of different therapies based on my client’s needs, with modalities such as ACT, CBT, Narrative, and Mindfulness, while incorporating Somatic as well as Solution Focused Brief Therapy and Brainspotting.
She brings you her vast array of business and personal life experiences, as well as her training, an ongoing love of learning, and a passion for connection, to truly understand what you may be going through.
“You’ve had such a positive impact on my life – my mindset is so much healthier, I’m less anxious, and I have more confidence communicating my needs & boundaries.” –R.
“Thank you for the session we had on Friday. It was really helpful for me. I definitely feel less tense and pain around what we worked on. Looking forward to next week.” –C.
Education & Certifications
- Clinical Applications of Internal Family Systems (IFS) April 2023
- Counselling Children & Adolescents Certificate February 2023
- Certification in ADHD Management March 2023
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional Certificate with Dr. Erik Gentry 2022
- Brainspotting with David Grand, Ph.D.: The Brain-Body Based Therapy for Treating Trauma Certificate 2022
- Rhodes Wellness College Professional Counsellor Diploma 2022
- Rhodes Wellness College Wellness Counsellor Certificate 2021
- Rhodes Wellness College Certified Life Coaching Certificate 2020
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy Certificate 2020
- Yale University’s The Science of Well-being Certificate 2020
- University of British Columbia National Voice Intensive Program 2000
- BCIT Marketing & Communications Management Diploma 1993